- 21.5-hp (13.8 kW)* Kawasaki V-twin, full-pressure lubricated, air-cooled
- Rear-discharge, rear-collect deck cuts clean
- Rear hopper has large capacity and is easy to empty
- Best-in-class 4 year/300 hour limited warranty
Engine is smooth-running and reliable V-twin air-cooled design
The tractor is powered by a John Deere iTorque™ power system, a combination of engine features and an exclusive hood design that provides superior lugging ability, even cooling, and durability.
Key engine features include:
- 21.5 hp (13.8 kW)
- Large 603-cc displacement
- V-twin air-cooled design that provides smooth, quiet power
- Quality features include:
- Cast-iron cylinder liners
- Overhead valves
- Full-pressure lubrication
- Replaceable oil filter
- Dual-stage air cleaner
- V-twin design:
- Excellent power and performance
- Easy starts
- Smooth operation
A flywheel alternator provides plenty of capacity to quickly recharge the battery and power electrical equipment, such as lights or a sprayer:
- 15-amp capacity
- Regulated to keep the battery at full charge without risk of overcharging
Fuel tank has large, conveniently located fill opening
Large, 3-in. (7.6-cm) diameter fuel tank filler opening makes adding fuel easy:
- Located on the left fender
- Helps eliminate spillage
- 2-U.S. gal. (7.6-L) capacity
- A low-fuel light is provided on the tractor dash to tell the operator when it is time to refuel.
42-in. (107-cm) Accel Deep™ (42A) Mower Deck cuts clean
The innovative design of the 42-in. (107-cm) Edge™ Rear-Discharge Deck combines the best features for reliability and superior performance when mowing, collecting, and mulching grass and leaves:
- The mower deck is stamped from 11-gauge, 0.12-in. (3-mm) steel to provide smooth contours for a quality appearance and excellent performance.
- Easy to install or remove mulch plug is included as standard equipment.
- The included AM147289 blades provide optimal collection/rear discharge and good mulching results in many conditions. For optimal mulching, AM140332 mulching blades are available.
- With no side-discharge chute, the mower can trim on either side for mowing efficiency and convenience.
- A smaller storage area requirement is an additional benefit.
- A standard V-belt and non-timed blade design gives superior reliability and trouble-free operation.
- Offset mower blades permit blade overlap with the use of a standard V-belt drive.
- The blades cut cleanly without being able to contact each other.
- Cut-height increments of 0.25 in. (0.64 cm) allow for operating the mower at the optimum cutting height.
- An Exact Adjust deck-leveling system is provided to make keeping the deck properly adjusted easy.
The mower deck is contoured and free of obstructions to ensure optimum cutting and bagging performance:
- Grass clippings flow smoothly around the deck and up the chute into the hopper.
- Clipping buildup is minimized to ensure continued high-performance and easy cleanup.
- Special discharge blades (standard equipment) have a large wing to propel grass clippings up the chute and into the hopper.
- Mower fills and packs the 8.5-bu (300-L) hopper with a large volume of grass clippings and/or leaves.
Standard mulch plug
Mulch plug easily installs in place of hopper:
- A mulch plug is included with the model year 2017 and later X350R as standard equipment (serial number 20,001-).
- Mulch plug is ideal for times when collecting grass clippings and leaves is not desired. The rear hopper can be easily removed and the mulch plug installed.
- Plug closes off opening on bottom of deck so material cannot enter the chute.
- The included AM147289 blades provide optimal bagging and rear discharge performance and good mulching results in many conditions.
- For optimal mulching, AM140332 mulching blades are available.
A wash port is provided on the mower deck. It can be used to supply water to the underside of the deck so it can be easily cleaned after use:
- The wash ports is designed for hose quick-connect fitting.
- Connect hose to the wash port and operate the mower to clean.
- Using the wash port cleans bottom of deck and chute.
- The wash port works best if used immediately after the mowing job is completed.
- Use of the wash port prevents buildup of material from affecting performance the next time the mower is used.
Optional rear deflector (BM25065) easily installs in place of hopper:
- No tools required for installation
- Deflects clippings in an even pattern behind the tractor
Rear hopper has large capacity and is easy to empty
The innovative design of the rear hopper sets a high standard for collecting systems:
- Hopper is constructed of durable fabric for flexibility, where needed.
The rear hopper is shipped in the returnable shipping crate with the tractor:
- Minimizes shipping cost
- No extra carton material of which to dispose
The hopper is made of durable materials and sealed to keep dust away from the operator.
An exclusive 4-year or 300-hour (whichever comes first), single-source, bumper-to-bumper warranty* is standard for all John Deere X300 Series Tractors.
- The warranty is hassle free, with one company handling all of the paperwork.
- Premium features of X300 Series Tractors allow for this longer warranty period, with more coverage than comparable tractors.
*Term limited to years or hours used, whichever comes first, and varies by model. See the LIMITED WARRANTY FOR NEW JOHN DEERE TURF AND UTILITY EQUIPMENT at JohnDeere.com or JohnDeere.ca/TUWarranty for details.
Snow removal is a strength of lawn tractors
An advantage of lawn tractors is their ability to use equipment for snow removal. Lawn tractor owners can add a John Deere snow blower or front blade to make quick work of moving snow whenever the need arises. Weather enclosure and tire-chain attachments add comfort and performance.
Equipment available for snow removal includes:
- 44-in. (112-cm) Snow Blower
- 44-in. (112-cm) Front Blade
- 48-in. (122-cm) Front Blade (X394 Tractor only)
- Tire chains or TerraGrip traction belts
- Weather enclosure (available for all X300 Series, except the X350R)